Expeditions; bronze, silver & gold
The DofE Award
The Duke of Edinburgh Award is much sought after from employers to universities. However it is much more than just a CV filler, it shows that you have mastered new skills, taken part in tough physical tasks, spent hours volunteering, and have shown a level of commitment that adults often claim is missing in younger generations. The expedition section is just one part of the DofE Award, one that Wildside Expeditions can help you achieve in safe conditions with plenty of laughter on the way.
What we offer?
- A one day training course for those that have not done any pre-expedition work. Suitable for someone whose school or college does not do DofE. This can be added on to an expedition as an extra day and night. Cost £50.
- Bronze Practice and Qualifying expeditions. One night camping, two days of walking. Fully supervised in camp. Cost from £60 for Practice and Qualifying expeditions. Includes assessment on edofe.
- Silver Practice and Qualifying expeditions. Two nights camping, three days of walking. Fully supervised in camp. Cost from £80 for Practice and Qualifying expeditions, includes assessment on edof.
- Gold Practice and Qualifying expeditions. Gold expeditions are three nights camping, four days walking. These expeditions are remotely supervised to a high level. Cost from £150 for Practice and Qualifying expeditions, assessment will be included.
- Gold Combined Practice & Qualifying expedition, six days walking, cost £250, assessment included.
- Prices are dependent on the numbers in the group. An expedition cannot take place with fewer than a group of four.
- Prices include use of stoves & fuel, maps & cases, compass, tents & rucksacks if required.